The 2019 Haeundae Sand Festival was another success this year, bring hundreds of thousands to the beach to check out the beautiful sand sculptures.
If you missed this year’s festival, you still have some time to check them out as they are scheduled to be up for another week or two.
Some of the sand sculptures did, unfortunately, suffer some damage due to the heavy rain and winds yesterday, though most have stayed intact.
With so many amazing ones to choose from, here’s a look at some of the sculptures that were on display this year and our top five favorites, including our top pick “Jazz” by American Sue McGrew.
HAPS Top 5 Haeundae Sand Festival Sculpture Picks
- Sue McGrew, United States – “Jazz”
2. Zuo Zhang, China – “Lord of Rock ‘n’ Roll”
3. Katushiko Chaen, Japan – “No Woman, No Cry”
4. Sue McGrew, United States – “Lord of the Guitar”
5. Ji Daeyoung, Korea – “Gangnam Style”