The 2018 Haeundae Sand Festival concluded Monday with hundreds of thousands of people flocking to see the dozen amazing sand sculptures over its four-day run.
Here’s a look at some of the sculptures that were on display this year and our top five favorites, including our top pick “Lord of the Rings” a 3D sculpture that was a collaboration from Wang Jie, Choi Ji-hoon, Bruce L. Phillips, Kuo Sen Chen and Wu Fang Ching.
HAPS Top 5 Haeundae Sand Festival Sculpture Picks
- Wang Jie, Choi Ji-hoon, Bruce L. Phillips, Kuo Sen Chen, Wu Fang Ching – “Lord of the Rings”
2. Choi Ji-hoon, South Korea – “King Sejong and Lee Sun-shin”
3. John Gowdy, United States – “Leonardo da Vinci”
4. Toshihiko Hosaka, Japan – “Perseus”
5. Bruce L. Phillips, United States – “Indiana Jones”