The city of Seoul comes alive as the nation’s capital gears up for another year of holiday spirit.
Beginning this Friday with its opening ceremony at Cheonggye Plaza, visitors to the festival can enjoy the lights, celebratory performances and daily concerts.
The festival hosts five zones from which to enjoy various events:
- Main Stage & Giant Tree Zone at Cheonggyecheon Plaza
- Blessing Zone at Cheonggye Plaza and Mojeongyo Bridge
- Joy Zone at Mojeongyo Bridge and Gwangtonggyo Bridge
- Hope Zone at Gwangtonggyo Bridge and Gwanggyo Bridge
- Glory Zone at Gwanggyo Bridge and Jangtonggyo Bridge
You can also enjoy a special Christmas Eve concert and New Year’s countdown event on the 31st.
The light show begins at 5 p.m. daily until 10 p.m. on weekdays and 11 p.m. on weekends.
Dates: December 13 – January 1
Location: Cheonggye Plaza
Getting there: Gwanghwamun Station (Seoul Subway Line 5), Exit 5.